We do not organise a large scale volunteer projects, nor do we make volunteers’ fundraising part of our income generating activities.
We do offer volunteer stays in Ukunda for those who ask for it. This may be for 1 week to 1 year and the projects our volunteers get involved in depend on their skills sets and ambitions.
If you are interested in volunteering abroad whether it is working in schools or with local communities, please get in touch.
But before you do so, consider the expense:
- return ticket to Kenya costs on average £650;
- accommodation, depending on where you choose to stay range from £20-£65 a day
- travel insurance single trip averages £40, annual £55
- food – £60-£100 a week, although you can survive on £40 if you can live on rice and beans
- while we do not expect you to fundraise anything for JBAC we would encourage you to raise £200 – this money will be yours to spend on a project of your choosing (with our support and guidance, of course)
If, after adding up the numbers, you are still interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in our contact form.